.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

DIY Floral Knit Dress



Hi Darlings!

I am traveling again this week so I have been trying to put things in order before leaving. I was going through my closet and found this dress! I made almost two years ago. I LOVE this dress because the fabric is just so divine! as a matter of fact if you live in Atlanta there is a fabric store called Fine Fabrics and they had a few rolls of this fabric when I was last there. Mine came from Gorgeous Fabrics at the time.

I love the print because it works all year round. Some floral patterns are sometimes seasonal but this particular floral pattern has worked for me during every season. I hadn't worn it since I was last photographed in it so I thought I would pull it out and wear it again with different shoes, keeping it really simple. The original pattern review for this dress can be found HERE  
My shoes are from Zara 






18 comments:

  1. such a pretty floral & it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fabric. It looks so good on you.....I'm plus size....not sure if it'll look as good on me.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...as a plus size woman myself (hips, thighs and butt), I tone down my prints with something solid. I would pair this with a solid blazer to suit my plus size body. You can rock whatever you want, just go for it!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mimi! Do you think you can work in a tutorial for dresses/tunics with ruching like this? I'm currently 6 months preggers and I'd love to make something like this to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! I love your style. Everything you do is fabulous! You've inspired me to start sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have your 2013 Lookbook and there are some dresses you made using the T-Shirt Maxi pattern, but there is some rouching at the waist. Could you do a tutorial on rouching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pattern! A tutorial would be great. Where did you get those shoes....CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank YOU !!! I live in the Atlanta area and I was just complaining about a lack of fabric stores for apparel. I am going ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very cute. I'm feeling florals this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, you look formidable and the dress of the previous post is also super nice!
    Best regards.
    MaximsFashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this when I was at Fine Fabrics today! I kept eyeing it, but couldn't figure out what to make with it! This dress is slammin'! I may have to go back tomorrow and get this! Mimi, you are such an inspiration, I love your style and seeing you and your blog grow has been an inspiration to me! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty dress. great for spring!

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this dress, I loved it then and love it now! The print is so pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have made this dress and have a issue with the rouching on the side. it tends to move around. it is sliding up and down the stitiching, i was wondering if you have a tip for keeping it in place?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.