.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Lesson #4 Sewing Our Skirt Part 1

Hi Darlings!

I hope your machines are set up and ready to go ;-) today's video is all about sewing! I will post the sewing videos in 3 or 4 parts over the course of this week so everyday until the end of the week we will  be sewing! In today's video we will be sewing our front pieces and back pieces together, stay stitching, pressing seams and attaching fronts to back.

See you tomorrow with my easy invisible zipper installation video using a standard zipper foot.



WATCH IN HD 720P FOR BEST QUALITY




xoxo
Mimi G

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for your time and patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi I love your style of teaching because you break it down step and step and you explain everything you do you are very much appreciated. thank you for your time

    Angela Roberts-Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening! I followed your video. I got confused on the stay stitching. Did you sew the top of the skirt? I couldn't tell on the video. I did sew the front and back pieces. I was a little confused. Can you help me out? Thanks, Precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the top of the skirt, get use to looking at the pictures in your pattern instructions, it shows the pieces with top stitching across the top of the skirt.

      Delete
  4. Do the left side with the back facing you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, left side with the back facing you (remember for the lining you need to mirror that and do it on the right side with the back facing you ;-)

      Delete
  5. Since it a simply skirt what is the dif with the back and front? Kinda look same to me after sewing the sides. I had to pay very close attention to where i place the front part. Just in case what do i pay particular attention to know the different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember that is what the notches are for. I state that the triple notches are on the back (look at the pattern pieces) and the front has two notches, that is how you know which is the front and which is the back. But yes, the pieces front and back are almost the same ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.